Sacred to the memory of
who was born in South Carolina
Sept. 25, A.D. 1794
and died June 19th A.D.1830
aged 35 years & 8 months.
Birth: 25 September 1794, Anderson, Pendleton District, South Carolina
Death: 19 June 1830, St. Ferdinand Township, St. Louis County, Missouri
Burial: Cold Water Cemetery, Florissant, St. Louis County, Missouri
Family members buried in Cold Water Cemetery:
Parents: John Patterson, Sr., and Keziah Horneday Patterson
Siblings: William Patterson, Elisha Patterson, and John Patterson, Jr.
Wife: Mary Mettz Patterson
Children: Lucy Patterson, Elizabeth Patterson Hubbard, Ibby Patterson, and Sanders Prior Patterson
Grandchildren: Rufus Patterson, Obadiah Eugene Patterson, John Patterson, and Sallie Patterson
• Sanders Patterson was the third child of John Patterson, Sr. and his wife Keziah Homeday Patterson.
• Sanders Patterson was born near Anderson, South Carolina. Mentioned in Father’s Probate Records.
• On 10 December 1815, Sanders Patterson married Mary Metz in St. Louis County, Missouri, and they became the parents of six children.
• Sanders Patterson served as a private in James Musick’s Company of Militia of the Territory of Missouri under Col. McNair’s command, War of 1812.
• Sanders Patterson married Mary Mettz on 10 December 1815, St. Louis, Missouri. Source Citation: St. Louis Marriage Index, 1804-76, Volume 01, Page 010. St. Louis, MO, USA: St. Louis Genealogical Society, 1999.
• Military: Sanders Patterson served as a private in James Musick’s Company of Militia of the Territory of Missouri under Col. McNair’s command War of 1812. Source Citation: Company Muster Roll and Payroll, National Archives.
• Probate: Civil Courts Building, St. Louis, Missouri: Estate File No 878, Sanders Patterson; Estate File No. 11162, Saunders P. Patterson; Minor File Nos. 641 through 646, Hiram, Sanders P., Lucy, Elizabeth, Ibby, John M. Patterson.
• National Society United States Daughters of 1812, Grave Locations Project.
• “History of St. Louis County”.
• The Patterson Family History by William B. Putman, Jr. page 48.
1830 Census: St. Ferdinand Township, St. Louis County, Missouri Series: M19 Roll: 72 Page: 300. Original data: Fifth Census of the United States, 1830. (NARA microfilm publication M19, 201 rolls). Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29. National Archives, Washington, D.C.